Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Planning Ahead....Alaska Quilt Cruise - August 2017


Join me on a 7-night Alaska Sawyer Glacier Cruise aboard Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas.
Although this wonderful adventure is more than a year away I'm getting very excited about my next quilting cruise.  I have just finished making the project that I'll be teaching onboard the ship and I love how it has turned out!
Under the Northern Lights features a panel designed by celebrated Alaskan artist Barbara Lavallee. Her fanciful portrayal of an Alaskan winter makes this a wonderful keepsake of your trip.  The quilt is a nice lap size and you can reserve a pre-cut Sail 'n Sew Fabric kit so you can start sewing as soon as our class begins.

One of the reasons I am so excited is that this cruise is organized by one of the industry's BEST cruise co-ordinators, Deb Luttrell of Stitchin' Heaven and her amazing staff.

I will be joined on this cruise by quilt teachers Brenda Henning and Donna Thomas. They also have some wonderful projects for you. And you will be sewing on Bernina 330 sewing machines (one for each student) and we will use Aurifil 50 wt. thread as we make our quilts.

Every quilting guest can take every class and we only sew on the 'at sea' days. Still lots of time to explore our interesting ports of call: Juneau, Skagway and Victoria (that's the major city 20 minutes from my home and also the home of Butchart Gardens).  If the Gardens are on your 'bucket list' you will be able to explore them and still have time to check out a couple of my 'home' quilt shops too!

I know you want to know MORE....

First, you'll want to check out our ship, Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas. The ship sailed into Victoria in mid-May this year. Here is an article) all about the ship (with pictures) from our local newspaper.

Next, pop over to the Stitchin' Heaven site to read all the details about the amazing benefits included in this cruise, project information and a detailed itinerary. Oh yes, pricing is there too.

If you have any questions not answered on the Stitchin' Heaven site, use the Stitchin' Heaven Travel Contact Form and one of Deb's staff will get right back to you. Any questions about my project? Just email me.

Hope to see you onboard!



No comments: