Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Sewing Machine is HUMMING!

Right after I returned from my fabulous Alaska cruise I worked on 3 new pattern designs to be released at International Quilt Market at the end of October.  The FEDEX delivery person was a 'regular' at my front door, delivering wonderful new fabrics from Northcott. Just when I was almost finished the first quilt, the next batch of fabrics arrived.

With the help of my friends Rose and Darlene (who handled fabric cutting for me) and my husband (who is now an expert cutting circles from fusible web) the first 2 projects were made for the upcoming Sandscapes collection by Northcott.

Eclipse is an adaptation of the Moon Rings quilt on the cover of my book Fat Quarter Frenzy (now out of print).

My method ensures perfectly aligned split circles on the half-square triangle blocks. The quilt uses fat quarters so is a great stash buster too. The pattern includes two colour options for this wall-size quilt.



Star Gazer is the quilt I taught on the cruise. My students used Artisan Spirit Shimmer for their lap-size quilts and the new pattern also uses the Sandscapes collection.

This pattern includes 3 sizes: Lap, Queen and Bedrunner. This is the bedrunner using the Coral colourway.

I'm also using the Moss colourway in this pattern. There are 3 different blocks for the design and they are not difficult to make. Quick piecing methods are used for the star points and strip pieced chain blocks pull the design together. This quilt is a good design to use a range of values of one colour combined with neutral backgrounds.














The third quilt uses solid fabrics. I just love how the quilting shows so well with these fabrics!  Chips and Churns (thanks Peggy F. for naming this one!) is a very easy quilt with large 15" blocks and simple construction. Final size for the quilt I made is a 55" square Cuddle quilt.



The pattern also includes Queen size. I used a pastel selection of fabrics from the new ColorWorks solids colours produced by Northcott for my quilt. The pattern also includes Country and Dramatic colourways.





Patterns for all 3 quilts will be available starting in early 2015 and I will notify my newsletter subscribers as soon as they are available. If you don't already receive my FREE newsletter, you can sign up on the right bar of this blog. A my free gift you will receive my 'On Point Quilts' basics. This design option is used for the Star Gazer quilt - you get more 'mileage' from blocks when they are arranged 'on point'!

I'm looking forward to seeing my quilts hanging in the Northcott booth at Quilt Market. But first....one more quilt to finish.  The one for 'someone's wedding'!







No comments: